Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sydney


Sydney
Originally uploaded by scottydadog.


Sydney
Originally uploaded by scottydadog.
Sydney is a really beautiful city and there is no denying it. The harbour area around Circular Quay, with stunning views of both the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, is truly a sight that has to be seen as words cannot do it justice. In addition to the sights the people in Sydney are genuinely warm and welcoming and friendly, which I've found to be a rare thing in large cities these days (and Sydney *is* an amazing sprawl, best appreciated at night when the lights go on forever!). Different parts of Sydney will mean more to different people I guess but The Rocks I found to be most charming as it displayed most of Sydney's history. In addition, having Bondi & Manly beaches so close to the sprawling metropolitan mass makes for a highly unique experience.



I couldn't blog Sydney without mentioning the Blue Mountains - stunning scenic views about 1.5 hours drive from the city. Unfortunately I've no phone camera pictures to show but if I can I'll upload some digicam shots of the magnificent tableland views around the 3 sisters and Wentworth Falls.



Next stop is Cairns....seems like its full of backpackers so far....

1 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Pontoon @ Darling Harbour - great bar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home